FOLK CLUBS & SESSIONS
FOLK SHOWS ON THE INTERNET
A6 Folk and Blues Road
- Sun 9-11pm, Tues 4-5pm
Alive Radio Folk Show
Bishop FM Folk Show
- Monday 9pm-11pm, Bishop FM / online
Bob’s Folk Show
- Tuesday 9-11pm, Radio Wey (online only)
Brian Player’s Acoustic Cafe Radio Show – on Blues and Roots Radio
- 9pm Fridays and 5pm Sundays
- broadcasts on 3 of the Q Radio Network stations Q101.2 FM Q106 FM & Q100.5 FM & online via the website but only on these 3 stations and clicking LISTEN LIVE from 8-9 am Sundays. Hopefully a podcast service is coming soon!
- Streaming out of Boston in the USA – great station concentrating as the name suggests on music from the Celtic Fringe
Celtic Music Radio
- Scottish, Irish and World Folk Music broadcasting 24 hours a day on 1530AM in Scotland, and Online
Chorley FM Folk RadioShow
- Tuesday 8-10pm, with James Blatchley
- 70 mins of the very best in Irish Music traditional and contemporary presented by Alan O’Leary – a man who really knows his stuff.
- A 24/7 PBS station streaming out of the USA – lots of great American music but the station also plays a good deal of folk from these islands. Intelligent and very wide reaching with “specials” and in depth stuff as well. Like Sing Out this is a really professional site.
Folk Music Showcase
- Saturday 5.30pm, BBC Radio Gloucestershire / online
Folk, Roots & Acoustic Mix
- Sun 4pm – 5pm, Radio Basingstoke / online
Folkal Point with Liz Franklin
- Tues 8-9pm, repeated Sat 7-8pm, Radio Teesdale / Online
- FolkCast a NW of England show fronted by Phill Widdows
- a superb site with tons of information and a streaming broadcast of excellent music – one of the best there is.
Fox’s Den with Bill Horncastle
- Fri 9pm-midnight, Vixen FM / Online
- fRoots Radio is a monthly podcast based around the music featured or reviewed in the pages of fRoots magazine, most of which you won’t hear on mainstream radio.
Genevieve Tudor’s Sunday Folk
- Sun 6pm – 8pm, BBC Radio Shropshire / online
- Norman Wheatley with folk style acoustic music and news from the folk scene around the Midlands and beyond.
- Thursday 6-8pm, Hermitage FM / online
- cutting edge and left of field
James Blatchley’s Folk Show
- Tuesday 8-10pm, Chorley FM / online
Jonti’s Roots and Acoustic Music Show
- from Sine fm in Doncaster
Josh’s Folk Show
- Sun 8am-9am
- Sun 9pm
- a great trad stream coming out of Dublin – good quality – can be accessed via iTunes too
Mike Ganley’s Crooked Road
- Mountain Folk by”East side” Dave Kline out of Reading, Pennsylvania
Readifolk Radio Show
- Friday 6-8pm on Reading4u
Roots and Fusion with Rick Stuart
- Wednesday 10pm-midnight on Pure Radio / online
Sin – é
- Coming out od Dublin – great Irish music station
- American Roots n Folk Magazine that hosts a great radio show – the mag is probably the oldest continuous running folk mag in the world.
Sounds of Folk
- Oldham Community Radio / online
Thank Goodness It’s Folk
- Friday 10am-12noon, Sheffield live / podcast
That’s All Folks
- Sunday 11am – 1pm, The Source FM (Cornwall) / online
The Acoustic Programme with Andy Boyt
- Fri 8-10pm, Tues 4-5pm
The Drift with Phil Brown
- Fri 8-9pm, BBC Radio Lancashire / online
The Durbervilles Folk & Roots Show
- Sun 8pm, BBC Radio Leeds / online
The Richard Harris Folk and Blues Show
- Tuesdays 7-8pm on Somervalleyfm.co.uk, “playing songs from the little well known to the more obscure”
Traditional Irish Music Show with John Devine
- Monday 7-9pm, Radio Verulam 92.6FM(Herts) / available live online
Under The Masons Apron
- a monthly-ish podcast featuring folk music old and new for aficionados and the uninitiated alike. From the famous to the obscure, signed or unsigned, live or dead, good or …erm… whatever.
You can submit links to this page using the form below.
Submitted links are first moderated before being added to the page